Today, companies have to adhere to six sigma disciplines, compete at a global level and launch best quality product in the market after due inspection. So, it is imperative that every feature of each part they manufacture must be produced to ever tighter tolerances and validated.
It actually works like an Industrial robot that comes with a complete and powerful inspection solution.
A probe attached to the machine gives inputs about the physical geometrical aspects of an object to the machine. This can be laser, optical, white light etc.
Advantages of CMM Measurement Services:
- Highly accurate measurements
- No effect of external environment like vibrations, thermal variation etc. on measurement
- Automatic alignment
- Many identical parts can be probed altogether
- Simplifies preparation of inspection job
- When portable, it is light weight for better mobility in lab, factory
CMM Scanning Helps In:
- Faster checking of parts
- It is especially effective on parts such as engine blocks or cylinder heads
- Saves cost and space by reducing number of CMM's required inspecting and process output from machine lines
- Gives greatly increased inspection throughput even on complex geometrical parts like engine blocks
A Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) is a 3D measurement device. CMM Measurement Services involves micrometer precision. CMM measurement is used in manufacturing and testing a part or assembly to analyze if it coincides with the contemplated design.
The Ferranti Company (Scotland) developed the first CMM around 1950's. The aim was to be able to measure precision components in military products. This machine had only 2 axes. Later, in 1960's the 3-axis models were manufactured and in 1970's computerized CMM measurement machines were launched
Earlier, CMM laser Scanning Methods were restricted to slower measuring speeds to avoid deflection. However, with new developments in high-speed scanning, accuracy is always maintained.
CMM measurement and probing capabilities and CMM scanning both come in whenever we talk about automated part inspection technology. The reason is that these parts may be large and complex and may involve thousands of inspection points.
CMM measurement and CMM scanning can help Industries save millions of dollars through the seamless exchange of measurement information.
Contact US to get more information related to CMM Measurement Services.